There is still time to start the ARTspot Inktober Challenge!
Ah, come’on, you KNOW you want to do it!
$65 Includes Inking & Drawing Kit: Stuffed so full of art supplies its worth about Eighty Bucks!
10% Discount on anything at ARTspot through the end of October.
+ October 14th, 2-5pm: Inking Kit Seminar with Suzanne Griscom at ARTspot for our Inktober participants!
inktober challenge at artspot
Artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day for the entire month of October.
31 days = 31 drawings. 31 Artists. Take it on with ARTspot!
Last year INKtober was a great success. It really motivated a lot of people to DRAW! We have assembled 50 super wonderful drawing kits that include everything you could want for black and white inspiration. Plus, if you are in the first 31 artists to sign up for the Challenge, we will display your INKtober drawings our front windows! As the month goes by, the display will fill, garnering lots of attention all month as the collection grows. The Challenge culminates on October 31st when downtown Edmonds hosts over 3,000 visitors to our annual Halloween Trick-or-Treat celebration. Come down and join the fun!
For $65, you get the kit, the window display, a store discount at ARTspot, and the chance to participate in this worldwide event with the support of ARTspot staff to help you every step of the way.
We are only taking on 31 artists, so sign up now and reserve your kit! Will continue to take signups throughout October while the kits last.
Wonderful variety from our INKtober 2016 participants!
Come in for your ARTSPOT INKING KIT
Each participant will receive a specially selected assortment of our favorite, best quality artist supplies. ARTspot Inktober Kits are ready!
- A goodie bag that includes best quality 6x6" Strathmore paper tiles - enough for 31 days and beyond!
- A whole passel of black inky pens featuring many of our best sellers! We promise a fountain pen, at least four markers of varying tips... pointy, brushy and juicy. Also a magic drawing tool that can draw and melt into fantastic inky washes. Top brands like Faber Castell & Higgins!
- AND we threw in a surprise to customize your selection. An artist tool box to contain your new drawing supplies, whereas your drawing inspiration will NOT be contained.
What should I draw?
Anything. Everything! For a glimpse of the variety of artist's work online: Click this image collection!
Some artists choose a seasonal theme of Halloween. There is a daily list of ideas you can follow if you like at: Drawlloween. However, Inktober is ANYTHING you want it to be.
Portraiture, streetscapes, still life, fantasy/manga, or even something that explores patterns like mandalas. You can add color if you want.
Change your mind half way through the month. Or every day. Switch gears to try different techniques or subject matter as you become inspired by other people's Inktober drawings. That's the benefit of us all doing this together!
If you do not complete 31 drawings - that's OK! However many you do may be more than you may have done otherwise. You get to keep the selection of art supplies from the kit to use long after the Challenge is over. We recommend drawing whenever it seems like the thing to keep you sane, or happy... or both!
- ARTspot Inking Kit. A bag full of quality paper and inking products to inspire you throughout the Challenge. You get to keep it forever! Your reserved kit will be ready for pick up anytime after September 25th.
- Window display at ARTspot. We would like to add to your collection as the month goes by.... for the first 31 Artists who register only! If you can bring in, or mail, your drawings to us throughout the month, everyone can watch your display grows!
- Advice and encouragement from the staff at ARTspot on how to work with your medium of choice. A great opportunity to experiment with new ways of using your art materials. Pen and Ink demo by owner Tracy Felix to be announced. Chris Minor to demo printmaking techniques on October 19th, 5-8pm.
- 10% off at ARTspot for the duration of the Challenge. Includes everything in the store except Clearance items. Yup, you get the discount from the time you sign up through October 31, 2016.
- October 31, 5-8pm. All of Edmonds celebrates Halloween. Literally thousands of people of all ages dress up (or not) and descend upon Edmonds to trick-or-treat. If you love Halloween, this is for you! A family friendly event.
INKTOBER INSPIRES DRAWING - This happens every october all over the world. This is so cool!
Begun in 2009 by Jake Parker, Inktober has transformed the month of October into a drawing celebration all over the world. Anyone can do Inktober, just pick up a pen and start drawing. It's up to you if you want to take the additional step of posting your images online. You do not have to be signed up with ARTspot to participate in the following:
To participate in the worldwide posting of Inktober drawings, Jake asks artists to:
1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)
3) Hashtag it with #inktober
Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. Inktober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.
That's it! Now go make something beautiful.
More info on Jake's online Inktober options:
Article by Tech Insider shows examples of famous artists submissions. Click here for the Inktober Facebook Page
Online Drawing Lessons with Jake Parker (not associated with ARTspot but we want to support the guy that instigated the whole Inktober phenomenon!)
What are the rules?
- Sign up now online or come in to register in person at ARTspot.
- ARTspot Inktober Kit will be ready for pick up on September 25th. Come to the store to pick up your kit and start drawing! We are open Monday-Saturday 10-6. Sundays 11-4. You can begin your drawings as soon as you pick up your kit. There needs to be some advantage to signing up early!
- For the window display, please keep your drawings family friendly. Rated G does not mean they can't be creative, fun and thought provoking.
- Sorry, no returns or refunds for the Challenge.
- Other than that... have at it!! Use all the stuff in the kit, or just one favorite pen. Any technique or materials are allowed. It is wide open. If you want to try it, do it!